Ford and Livin Lite Join Forces
Taking the Blue Oval under the Wild Blue Yonder
This just in, hot off the press, the bestselling maker of trucks, Ford Motor Company announces that it will combine powers with the awesome makers of ultra-lightweight travel trailers, Livin Lite Recreational Vehicles to produce Ford licensed slide in truck campers, travel trailers, and toy haulers. Nothing like this has happened to camping since someone decided to fuse chocolate with marshmallow over an open flame. So it’s fair to say that here at Campers and Gear we are more than a little bit excited about the possibilities. Let’s get down to what we know.
- Jointly developed with Ford Truck Design, the campers will be adorned with familiar Ford style features such as Blue Oval side graphics as well as Windows and Wheels inspired by F-Series Trucks
- The F-Series Lariat also inspires the plush interiors of the models with leather upholstery and Blue Oval logos on the seats
- The slide in truck campers will be produced to work with 6 and 8-foot truck beds
- Travel Trailers and Toy Haulers will come in 22 and 24-foot lengths
- Future plans of the Ford/Livin Lite mash up include fifth-wheel trailers and pop-up campers
- A two-year warranty will come with the models which will be available in 2016
News like this is good reason for Ford and camping enthusiasts to look forward to 2016. This super powered alliance between Ford Motor Company and Livin Lite should prove to be pretty amazing. Check back here for updates and we’ll be sure to stay on top of this tag team double threat!